Tomo Fanart Batch #2 (I made these when I was 10 years old)

OK FINALLY!!  Here's the OLD Tomo fanart batch!  I drew these when was 10 to 12 years old.  It's interesting that even though he was my favorite character, I hardly drew him at all.  Oddly enough though, I drew a lot of characters that were Tomo-esque with high ponytails, painted faces, and similarly patterned costumes (they were mostly female though).  Because it's not Fushigi Yuugi fanart, it's not the right place to post such things, even though they were highly inspired by the series.

I must say, Tomo definitely made me intrigued about "Kabuki" aesthetics (he's not a Kabuki actor by the way, he's actually Beijing Opera inspired).  At the time, I didn't know the Chinese equivalent to Kabuki--I just saw random images from a dictionary, saw faces that looked quite Tomo-esque, and it was labelled "Kabuki."  Kabuki and Beijing Opera are very different from each other, but I'm not going to dwell on that here.

When I found pictures of Tomo without his makeup (both official and fanart), I was quite enthralled by his good looks, so I mostly drew him that way.  Also learning about his rivalry with Soi and reading various fanfictions about those two created more inspiration for my fanart.



Chibi Tomo!!!  I didn't have any chibi Tomo pictures at the time, so I made my own!  Drawn with a pencil.  I probably did this when I was 10 years old



Tomo and Miboshi.  Reference picture used.  Drawn with a pencil.  I probably did this when I was 10 years old.




Tomo looking cool and Soi looking cute in 2000's clothing lol.  Drawn in my own style at the time with a ballpoint pen.  I probably did this when I was 12 years old




Tomo and Soi looking pensive...and in "modern" clothing lol.  Soi looks like a student here.  Tomo wears minimal clothing.  What was I thinking back then lol.  Drawn in my own style at the time with a pencil.  I probably did this when I was 12 years old




Two shots of Tomo.  One where he looks happy and the other where he's dressed up like a "Gundam Wing" character lol.  Drawn in my own style at the time with a pencil.  I probably did this when I was 12 years old






Tomo longing for Nakago.  I was REALLY into THOSE outfits!!!  I think I was too lazy to draw Nakago's body, so I just stopped at the face lol.  Drawn in my own style at the time with a ballpoint pen.  I probably did this when I was 12 years old



OK!  That's the end of my Fushigi Yuugi childhood fanart set!!!






Miaka batch here:  https://fytomo.blogspot.com/2019/05/non-tomo-fanart-batch-1-miaka.html


Comments